When to Go See Your Local Nutritional Counselor and Why it Matters?
- October 23, 2019
- Doris Gray
You may have never considered seeing a nutritionist, and it’s possible you don’t need to. However, there are certain cases where events in life or circumstances might make seeking local nutritional counseling in Seattle a good option for you.
What is a Nutritionist?
A nutritionist is a trained professional who can assist you in making healthful decisions for your lifestyle and overall dietary goals.
Who Needs to See a Nutritionist?
Read below to find out if you might be a good candidate:
- You have food allergies or sensitivities – Food allergies can be tricky to navigate and are often too risky to do alone. Doing so can set you up for a disaster you never intended and may cost you more in medical bills than you anticipated. In this case, it’s better to play it safe and speak to a professional. He or she can guide your nutritional decisions so that you aren’t cutting out the major food groups or vitamins that you will need to stay healthy.
- You’re pregnant (or trying to conceive) – A nutritionist can steer you toward getting the most out of your diet when you are pregnant or trying to conceive. Your diet plays a critical role in both processes, so it is important to get a handle on it before it causes issues for you and your future children down the road.
- You’re stressed – Stress often causes one of two things: under-eating or over-eating. Neither scenario is ideal. Allow a nutritionist to help you strike a better balance by setting you up with foods that will not only aid in your health, but potentially lower those stress levels as well.
- You have previously diagnosed dietary ailments – Have you already developed a dietary health issue? A nutritionist can help you stay on track so that you can limit visits to the doctor and get back to a healthier version of you.
- You need to lose weight – This is a seemingly obvious one, but it’s important enough to mention. With so many diet trends and fads out there, it can be difficult to choose the best diet to help you achieve your goals without cutting out essential nutrients. A nutritionist can help steer you in the right direction to help you to achieve your dietary and fitness goals.
Interested in local nutritional counseling in Seattle? Call Seattle Naturopathy and Acupuncture Center, PS, Inc. or visit the practice online for more details on how to get paired up with a nutritionist to begin your journey back to a stronger and healthier you.